At the Back and Body Clinic we feel passionate that every individual has different exercise needs and requirements. That is why we tailor our programs for every individual and provide them with photos, explanations and videos of each exercise.
We collaborate with you and design your exercises with your lifestyle and your goals in mind. We are specific if you would like us to be about the frequency, how many repetitions and the duration of each exercise. We print or email all the exercise information to you after your appointment.
The exercise programmes we recommend to you are tailored to compliment your ‘hands on’ treatment. These programs also help to promote general health and well-being.
What are the benefits of exercise programmes?
- Promote a faster recovery from an injury/operation/condition
- Increase the strength of muscles, bones, tendons and ligaments
- Promote the healing process and break down scar tissue
- Increase the length of ligaments, tendons and muscles
- Increase the blood supply delivered to your muscles
- Reduce pain
- Decrease swelling
- Promote well-being
- Promote normal movement
- Relax muscles
- Mobilise and lubricate your joints
- Stabilise your spine and core
- Improve the efficiency of your heart and lungs
- Build support to your ligaments and cartilage
- Help you with sleep problems
- Improve your overall fitness levels
- Create a more positive outlook (Endorphin release)
- Help with your balance and coordination
- Improve your self-confidence
- Help to prevent injury recurrence
What will be included in my exercise programme?
- We try to make you program concise and specific to your individual needs. Programmes often include:
- Strengthening (eg. resistance/plyometrics/static/dynamic)
- Mobilisation (eg. priopritoceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation)
- Stretching (eg. dynamic/Muscle Energy Techniques)
- Muscle control/stability
- Balance and proprioception exercises
- Functional exercises
- Sport specific exercises (eg. interval/fartlek)
SPECIFICITY – Your exercises will be specific to your condition and your goals.
PROGRESSION – The intensity and duration of exercise must gradually increase to reach the obtainable goals.
VARIETY – Variety is the key to a lasting program because it relieves boredom and increases motivation. Your muscles’ “memory cells” will stop growing if you don’t shock them occasionally with a change in your routine.